OptinMonster is one of the popular list building opt-in plugins for WordPress but there are many reasons due to which many people avoid using it. One of the main reason is high pricing ( $29/mo. for Popular Plan) and the second reason is that sometimes it gets buggy.
I have some compelling WordPress plugins recommendations with convincing features and pricing structure that you can check out now.
Following are Free and Premium Alternatives To OptinMonster that you can use to build up your email list. I guarantee a great user experience along with the best customer support for the following recommendations:
OptinMonster Alternative WordPress Plugins (Updated November 2020)
|1||Bloom||$70 / Year (Discounted)||Check Bloom|
|2||Convert Pro||$69 / Year||Check Convert Pro|
|4||Thrive Leads||$67 (Lifetime)||Check Thrive Leads|
|5||Yeloni Exit Popup||Free||Check Yeloni Exit Popup|
|6||WP Subscribe Pro||$29||Check WP Subscribe Pro|
|8||Optin Forms||Free||Check Optin Forms|
|10||Hello Bar||Freemium||Check Hello Bar|
|11||WP Notification Bar||$29||Check WP Notification Bar|
|14||Ninja Popups||$25||Check Ninja Popups|
Bloom is lead generation tool released by Elegant Themes, a reputed WordPress themes and plugins developer company. Bloom focuses highly on user interface and not highly optimized popups for conversions. I like bloom for its simlicity and easy customization using it drag and drop building.
Bloom has 6 types of optins: Lightbox popup, fly-in/slide-in, widget, below post, in-content shortcodes, and locked content.
Features Of Bloom Optin Plugin:
- Time delay option
- Auto-Detects when user tends to reach the bottom of the post and gives them a reminder to opt-in.
- Shows a popup after a user scrolls a small percentage
- Shows a popup or flyin if a user is inactive on your website for a long time.
- Choose your desired borders and edges
- Add image to your optin with the option of displaying it to left, right or below and above text
- Unlimited color options
- Target specific posts or categories
- Easy to customize bloom dashboard
- Boost conversions with A/B Split testing
- Retina Ready popup- 100% responsive optin.
Bloom Rating by Contengrow
|Features:||4 / 5||Ease of Use:||5 / 5|
|Price:||4 / 5||Support:||4 / 5|
I have tested various plugins to build my list for email marketing campaigns but Thrive Leads was one of them that I prefer the most because of the following reasons:
- Easy Customization
- More Deisgn Options in Comparison to Other Plugins
- Various Lead Groups (In-content, Lightbox, Post Footer, Ribbon, Slide In, etc.)
- Compelling Pre-Defined Templates
- Advanced Targeting Options
- Content Lock Options
- Thrive Boxes
- Thrive Smart Links Feature (Helps you categorize existing subscribers with new visitors so that you can display different offers to both of them)
Thrive Leads Vs. OptinMonster
- OptinMonster is available for various platforms including Joomla, Drupal, Shopify, Weebly, and virtually every platform that’s built on HTML, however Thrive Leads is only available for WordPress.
- Campaign Scheduling feature is a unique feature that OptinMonster offers but Thrive Leads doesn’t.
- With OptinMonster, you can show specific popups from a particular referral source, however Thrive Leads doesn’t.
- All the OptinMonster plans come with monthly subscriptions whereas, Thrive Leads come with a one-time price.
- Thrive Leads offers one-click signup options, while OptinMonster doesn’t.
- Thrive Leads offers ultimate flexibility to edit code and design as per your requirements, however OptinMonster doesn’t.
- User can hide the popup appearing to existing subscribers, which is a unique feature and not available by OptinMonster.
Thrive Leads Rating by Contengrow
|Features:||4.8 / 5||Ease of Use:||4.8 / 5|
|Price:||4 / 5||Support:||4.8 / 5|
ConvertPro is another popular WordPress popup plugin that has taken the market by storm. This feature-rich plugin has wooed marketers and bloggers mainly due to its each of use and affordability. ConvertPro has a huge collection of display positions that can be used according to the intent of the popup or the optin form.
This WordPress popup builder like many others lets you create modal popups, info bars, slide-in popups, widget boxes, inline forms and more.
ConvertPro is available at an annual subscription of $69 / year and one-time cost of $399, with well-designed premade templates, a wide range of triggers, the ability to split test, several possible integrations and the transparent inbuilt analytics that lets you track performance, ConvertPro has established its position as a completing popup builder.
Features of ConvertPro that makes it stand out from the crowd:
- Drag and drop editor
- 100% mobile friendly
- Clean coded to load it fast
- Endless design possibility
- Behavioural targeting
- Synchronization with external sources like Contact Form 7, WP Registration form, WP Comment form and WooCommerce Checkout form to let you collect leads from them.
- Well-designed Premade templates and layouts that reduce your designing efforts.
- 100% Customizable styles and forms that let you match your blog’s theme.
- Device Detection that detects the device a user has used to access your blog.
- Referrer Detection that allows you to show or hide forms and popups by determining the domain they have come from.
- Advanced triggers that let you target the right audiences at the right time.
- 700+ Google fonts that can be imported and used in all your popups and opt-in forms.
- Inbuilt Lead capture tool that can be integrated with external email marketing software too.
- Inbuilt Analytics through which you can track the performance of individual popups or compare them through split or A/B Testing.
ConvertPro Vs. OptinMonster
- Convert Pro costs you $69/year or $399/lifetime compared to OptinMonster which costs you $29/month for it be comparable to Convert Pro.
Where OptinMonster Lags as Compared to ConvertPro:
- Multi-Step Forms
- Mini Quiz Forms
ConvertPro Vs. Thrive Leads
- Thrive Leads offers limited site licenses for one-time purchase fees: 1 site license ($67), 5 site licenses ($97) and 15 site licenses ($147).
- Convert Pro offers unlimited site licenses for an annual subscription ($99 per year) or a one-time fee ($399).
Conversion Focused Design:
- Thrive Leads pre-defined templates are more in quantity (561 of Thrive Leads as compared to 62 of Convert Pro) and with much better conversion focused designs.
- Thrive Leads popups load faster than Convert Pro popups.
- Thrive Leads works flawlessly with WordPress, while Convert Pro is a bit difficult to customize.
Convert Pro Rating by Contengrow
|Features:||4 / 5||Ease of Use:||3.5 / 5|
|Price:||4 / 5||Support:||4.5 / 5|
OptinMonk is a popular freemium lead generation tool that offers features like exit-intent triggers, campaign templates, A/B testing, Onsite Retargeting, etc.
OptinMonk supports all types of websites and e-commerce platforms such as WordPress, Drupal, Magento, Prestashop, Shopify, etc. The basic plan is a free plan which gives you a one site license and access upto 3000 pageviews / month. Once the form view limit is crossed you will need to upgrade to essential plan which costs $29/mo for one website and a limit of 25,000 views per month.
OptiMonk Rating by Contengrow
|Features:||3 / 5||Ease of Use:||4 / 5|
|Price:||3 / 5||Support:||40 / 5|
Yeloni Exit Popup is one of the best free lead generation plugins for WordPress that offers basic features. It comes with customizable design, Exit Intent, Page Load, Time Delay triggers, easy integration with email marketing services, Chat Integrations, etc.
This plugin is lightweight and doesn’t slow the performance of your site and it also lets you store emails locally. However, you don’t get any support and need to manage any bugs yourself.
Yeloni Rating by Contengrow
|Features:||2 / 5||Ease of Use:||3 / 5|
|Price:||N/A||Support:||0 / 5|
WP Subscribe Pro is a well-coded and well delivered Optin WordPress plugin by MyThemeShop. MyThemeShop aims to deliver quality WordPress resources at reasonable prices and will make sure to resolve your queries in short span.
WP subscribe delivers easy customization experience to users and it just costs $29 for the lifetime while OptinMosnter Pro plan costs you $29/mo.
Let’s have a look at its features:
- Exit-intent technology – Give your users another way to subscribe when they are about to leave.
- Fully responsive – Works great on all types of devices.
- Loads blazing fast – Doesn’t slow down your website.
- Integrates all major email service providers including Mailchimp, Drip, and Aweber.
- Eye-catching and enticing design – Converts well!
- Huge variety of popup animations
- Make your popup display according to your desired time.
- Flush Cookie Options
- No coding knowledge required.
- Exclude pages option.
- Custom color options.
WP Subscribe Pro by Contengrow
|Features:||4 / 5||Ease of Use:||5 / 5|
|Price:||5 / 5||Support:||5 / 5|
I have been testing many Optin Plugins since a long time.
Though, there are many free alternatives to Optinmonster available in the online marketplace, but I believe that using a free optin plugin is not a good option.
Either they might slow down your website or might not be responsive. I have personally experienced that.
All we require is … good customer support! Which is not offered for free resources.
Did you liked / disliked my recommendations? I would love to hear from you!
P.S. I will get a small amount of commission if you buy from the above links with no extra cost for you. Thank you for your support.